CAMP HABIMA for the PERFORMING ARTS
A SUMMER PERFORMING ARTS CONSERVATORY PROGRAM
(for girls in grade 6 and older)
LOCATION: Young Israel of Passaic-Clifton (200 Brook Avenue, Passaic, NJ 07055)
DATES: Wednesday, July 22nd - Wednesday, August 19th, 2020 (SECOND HALF ONLY)
SCHEDULE: MONDAY-THURSDAY - 9:30-3:30 FRIDAY - 9:30-1:00
CAMP DIRECTORS: PAULA (PENINA) JACOBS and MIRIAM SANDLER (bios below)
TUITION: EARLY BIRD SPECIAL (AVAILABLE UNTIL FEBRUARY 10th only): $1100
AFTER FEBRUARY 10th: $1300
CONTACT US: Email or
· Conservatory caliber program
· Highly trained, professional teaching staff
· End of summer pizza party
· Finale production open to the public (for women and girls only)
· Tuition is all-inclusive. No hidden fees and no tipping required!!!!
1. Download, PRINT and complete registration form
2. Include $250.00 deposit (cash/check only; checks should be made payable to Paula Jacobs (ONLY) with “CAMP HABIMA” in the memo line of the check)
3. Mail to: Paula Jacobs c/o Camp Habima (125 Van Houten Avenue, Passaic, NJ 07055)
· The $250 deposit is not refundable. No camp fees will be refunded after June 1st.
· A Universal Health Form will be emailed to you upon receipt of deposit.
· Registration is complete when all forms and payments have been received.
DUE DATES (Payment may be divided into 3 parts. $250 deposit due by MARCH 15th, 2020):
1. March 15th - $250 (non-refundable deposit, submitted with REGISTRATION FORM)
2. April 15th - second installment of $250 due
3. June 1st - Final payment (or FULL balance) due. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Penina (Paula) Jacobs – Co-Director
Penina (Paula) Jacobs is originally from Los Angeles, where she began acting at the age of six. After various roles in theater and television in the United States and Canada, Penina became involved in theater for young audiences in 1989 though her work as a peer educator for Project ABLE, an educational theater company for at-risk youth in runaway shelters, group homes and correctional facilities in Los Angeles. She then worked as an arts consultant for the Glendale Unified School District teaching drama to high-risk youth in middle schools. Upon earning teacher certification in English/Theater from California State University, Northridge she taught English and Drama Production at Pacoima Middle School’s Television, Theater and Fine Arts Magnet. Penina was the Performing Arts Director of Oh! Manuyot at Camp Shalom, NJ for four years and is now actively teaching, coaching and consulting for educational and non-profit organizations. Penina has a B.A. in Acting/Directing from California State University, Los Angeles and an M.A. in Educational Theater from New York University. She is NJ State certified as a teacher of English, Theater and Elementary Education.
Miriam Sandler – Co-Director
Miriam Sandler had no intention of becoming a professional singer, but at the tender age of 18 she found herself on a plane for her first international performance as a background vocalist. She also began recording radio and TV jingles, as well as albums for many well-known artists like Julio Iglesias and James Brown. After graduating from the University of Miami with a B.A. in Studio Music and Jazz Vocal Performance, Jon Secada asked her to join his entourage for his worldwide promo launch. From there, Gloria Estefan's countless performances established her as one of the top female vocalists in the music industry. Her musical journey was paralleled by a spiritual one as she now exclusively shares her powerful voice and unforgettable songs with Jewish women around the globe. Miriam currently teaches voice lessons to women and girls and is the director of the Passaic, NJ girls’ choir, ASHIRA.